Cooperatives bring communities together with a unique perspective to meet a need of society. By bringing in diverse perspectives, knowledge and skills, and a combined sense of purpose and direction, cooperatives are agents of social change.
Register your Cooperative and obtain a unique number that gives you access to a host of government facilities and services in Grenada, the Caribbean and the world.
Checklist of conditions for registration and continuance of non-financial co-operatives societies
(Reference: PART II Section 15 of the Co-operatives Societies Act No. 8 of 2011)
- Active members not less than 10 persons
- Market Viability: adequate demand for proposed service
- Adequate Capital Base for providing desired/competitive services
- Good potential for future membership growth
- Pricing policies and adequate structure
- Viability Assessment Favourable
- Membership aware of and in conformity with the Co-operative principles
- "Co-operative" and where applicable, forms part of the name or proposed name, where society is seeking registration with limited liability
- Proposed name: identical to or nearly resembles the name of another society
- A fixed address physically in place and identified, where notices and communications can be sent
- By-Laws in compliance with the Act
- Registered name inscribed on a conspicuous sign outside the registered office place of business, including date of registration
- Monthly Financial Statements prepared and submitted to the Division of Co-operatives in accordance with Section 147 of the Co-operative Societies Act No. 8 of 2011.
- Financial Audit for the year ended December 31, ………… completed and approved and subsequent Annual General Meeting completed by March 31st the following year.
- Willingness to develop and adopt a Board and Management Policy Manual in the following areas:
- Mission Statements
- Member Services
- Membership Register
- Mobilization of common shares
- Asset/Liability Management
- Cash handling
- Register yourself as a business and obtain access credentials to the E-Services Portal
- Download the Cooperatives Registration Form.
- Complete all the details requested including details of key members, products, affiliations, financials, and others.
- Additionally, upload the Forms & Documents requested
- Revisit periodically and check the status of the registration
Ministry of Trade, Industry, Co-Operatives & CARICOM Affairs
St. George's, Grenada, W.I.
Tel: +1 (473) 440-2731-6 | +1 (473) 440-2928
Fax: +1 (473) 440-4115