Responsible for Labour
Mrs. Marilyn Austin- Cadore
Responsible for Legal Affairs
Mrs. Merlyn St. Bernard
Mr. Cyrus Griffith - Labour Commissioner
Ms. Sonia Alexis - Labour Officer
Mrs. Elizabeth Cyrus - Labour Officer
Mr. Reginald Lord - Labour Officers
Mr. Michael Horsford - Labour Officers
Ms. Ray Mapp - Secretary
Mrs. Karen Mitchell-Antoine - Secretary
Ms. Nassil Regis - Clerk Typist
Ms. Nadine Jessamy - Work Permit Clerk
Ms. Jeryll Francis - Work Permit Clerk
Organization Chart (PDF 37kb)
To provide efficient and effective Labour Administration practices for sustained socio-economic development.
To be leading and recognised public sector organization with highly motivated staff, maintaining high professional and technical standards of service for all.
- To provide general support services (management, finance, registry and Human Resources) for the Ministry.
- To provide advisory services to Trade Unions, Employees and Employers (Tripartism).
- To encourage and promote collective bargaining as the machinery for voluntary negotiation between employers and workers.
- To provide efficient conciliation and mediation services for dispute resolution.
- To undertake Labour Legislative reforms.
- To ensure a functional and effective Employment Service.
- To establishment a functional Labour Market Information and Public Relations Systems.
- To carry out labour inspection services in accordance with existing legislation.
- To promote National Development Policies
- Reform Labour Legislation.
- Undertake a Labour Market Survey in collaboration with ILO & Statistic Department and Production of relevant Labour Market Statistic.
- Establish a Website for the Employment Agency.
- Staff Development and Training.
- Restructure and set up proper data base for Work Permit.
- Review of the Canadian Farm Workers Programme
Instructions for the completion of
Work permit applications & procedure
(Download PDF 138KB)
Labour Relations (Amendment) Act, 2003 (No. 9 of 2003) (Download PDF 290KB)
Minium Wage Order
Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Ecclesiastical Affairs
Tanteen, St. George's
Tel: (473) 440-2532/435-4416
Fax: (473) 440-4923