Sen. the Hon. Norland Cox
Mrs. Bernadette Lendore - Sylvester
To co-ordinate and facilitate all Government related activities and programmes for Carriacou and Petit Martinique through high quality services, shared responsibility, participation, increased productivity and appropriate technical support.
To be an efficient ministry with well trained, motivated and productive staff.
The Ministry of Carriacou and Petit Martinique Affairs consists of the following Divisions, each of which is managed by a Divisional Head. They are:
Administration Division is that arm of the Ministry that manages its administrative functions. The head of this Division is the Permanent Secretary who is assisted by the Senior Administrative Officer. The Senior Administrative Officer provides backup to the Permanent Secretary and is responsible for all personnel affairs.
Administration is made up of a number of Sub Divisions:
- Accounts/Executive Officer
- Carriacou Multi Purpose Centre
- Public Relations Officer
- Security Service
- Vendors Market
- Public Toilet
The Division also provides Administrative Support for Programmes and Projects for the entire Ministry.
Division of Agriculture
- Provides technical and other support service to Farmers and Fishermen;
- Provides Agricultural Extension Service, Veterinary and Livestock Services;
- Provides Forestry Services, Pest Management and Plant Quarantine;
- Provides service for Land Matters, and Fisheries;
- Provides Tractor Machinery Service;
- Provide support to the Fisherman Birthday Organization for the staging of the Celebration;
- Provide support to the Farmers Association for the staging of World Food Day Celebration.
Public Works Division
This Division is responsible for the Infrastructural Development of the Islands which falls in the following categories:
- The Construction of Concrete Roads and Drains;
- Resurfacing of Asphalted Roads
- Island wide cleaning of drains;
- Drainage, Gravelling, Compacting of road ways and accesses as temporary measures of upgrading;
- Bush Cleaning along roadways and Public accesses to promote safety for Commuters and to mitigate the impact of Disasters;
- Supervise the Construction and upgrading of Government Buildings;
- Spearhead the protection of Government Buildings during Hurricanes;
- Identify Infrastructural project needs and make recommendation to the Permanent Secretary;
- Provide support to other Government Departments on Carriacou and Petit Martinique with Equipment Services;
- Work with the Private Sector/General Public on the Execution of Projects which are likely to impact on Public Facilities, e.g. Erection of retaining walls, crossings, culverts, etc.;
- Enhance road safety through the erection of guard grills.
The Social Development Division of the Ministry is sub divided into:
The Division aims to serve the Community of Carriacou and Petit Martinique placing emphasis on the vulnerable, physically challenged, elderly and children in order to provide and deliver services required to enhance the quality of life for every citizen in the Community.
The Division is expected to conduct the following:
- Collect data on existing Social and Economic Conditions in Communities throughout Carriacou and Petit Martinique;
- Assist the Physically Challenged and Senior Citizens;
- Educate the General Public on aspects of family life and to foster positive relationship among young people and families.
The two main objectives of the Division are:
- Looking after the welfare of the Geriatrics and Children as it relates to their specific needs and conditions;
- Provide a Social Safety net for persons living under the poverty line in Carriacou and Petit Martinique;
Services Offered within the Division of Social Services are:
- Public Assistance Programme to Senior Citizens
- Burial Assistance Programme
- Osprey Lines tickets for travelling to Grenada from Carriacou and Grenada to Carriacou
- Necessitous Programme
- Celebration of Centurions birthday;
- Children Assistance Programme to needy families
- Transportation Assistance for Secondary School Children Travelling to and from Petite Martinique;
- Assistance for Medical Treatment Overseas;
- Day Care Services to the General Public;
The Day Care Service is quite affordable to all the Beneficiaries who pay a monthly fee of $50 EC.
A hot meal is provided daily for the children at the Centre. In addition they are trained academically in preparation for the Pre Primary School life.
Gender and Family Affairs
The Objective of the Gender and Family Affairs Office is as follow:
- Educate, empower and enhance the job performance of Domestic Workers;
- To provide structures to educate and effectively address issues of Domestic Violence and other forms of abuse;
- To commemorate relevant international events at the National level for education and social upliftment;
- To provide opportunity for skills training to enhance job performance, create more employable citizens as well as self employment;
- To provide opportunities for men in order to assist in bridging the Gender Gap in the Society.
The Key Functions at the Multi Purpose Centre are as follows:
- Provide help to the Public of Carriacou and Petit Martinique through use of the internet café;
- To obtain needed information in order to successfully carryout daily activities;
- Provision of a conference room for meetings and workshop;
- Photocopying, printing, scanning and most crucial, Customer Assistance with researches on the internet.
The Division of Sports in the Ministry of Carriacou and Petit Martinique Affairs is the Division that deals with all Sporting Activities for Carriacou and Petit Martinique. The aim of the Division is to work along with Schools, Village Groups, Sports Clubs, Parent Teachers Association and other Sporting Organizations that request the Divisions assistance from time to time.
In addition to this, the Division plans its own Competitions for schools and does this with the support of the Grenada Union of Teachers Sports Committee in Carriacou. The Division also ensures that Sporting Facilities are well prepared for sporting activities. This is made possible with efficient ground staff.
The Division also deals with Capital Projects pertaining to sports such as Bleachers Projects, Hard Court, Toilet and Shower, Lighting of Playing Facilities, etc. The Objectives are met due to the proper Budgetary Planning and Execution by the Division annually.
Events Calendar target="_blank">(PDF 203KB)
Ministry of Carriacou and Petite Martinique Affairs
Telephone: (473) 443-6026/6028
Fax: (473) 443-6040