Classes Begin May 16th at Newly Opened ICT Centre
About the ICT Centre for Excellence and Innovation
On October 21, 2008 the Government of Grenada (GOG) signed agreement with the Government of India (GOI) to finance the setting up of an ICT Centre for Excellence and Innovation.
The Objectives of the Centre are:
- To increase IT knowledge and awareness among the citizens
- To generate direct employment through IT
Specifically, the Centre is designed to undertake the following:
- Impart advanced and specialized training programmes in ICT to the citizens of Grenada, and the wider region
- Develop specialized skills among teachers & students (undergraduate & postgraduate) in the field of ICT
- Train government officials in IT
- Assist in leveraging the use of ICT in various sectors of the economy
- Facilitate penetration of ICT usage in rural areas of the economy
- Set up a virtual reality lab for the promotion of technologies in the area of artificial intelligence
The Centre is equipped with 2 IT laboratories and a data room, a lecture/conference room, administrative offices and a library and resource centre.
Grenada is the Chair for Science and Technology in CARICOM, and must lead by example. The Centre is a hallmark of the government of Grenada, and the key driver in presenting new opportunities for fostering social and economic development nationwide. The commissioning of the Center is therefore quite timely and the impetus to fulfilling the objectives of the government to use Information and Communications Technology as one of five sectors which “have the greatest potential to contribute to the economic transformation of Grenada (“the transformational sectors”)”.
Frequente Industrial Park, Frequente,
Tel. No: 473-439-9254-1039, 473- 440 - 2255 EXT:4108
E-mail:email@example.com Website: www.gov.gd